Monday, July 19, 2010

It Can Move

I overlooked a few things when I decided to blog my pregnancy. 1) Pregnant ladies are really tired at the end of a busy workday and 2) I have really busy workdays. I blogged my wedding planning and really enjoyed it, but looking back now I see how different my situation currently is. I basically had a "desk job" then. It was easy to use my lunch hour or steal a few minutes during the day to put together a post. Now, I'm running around all day - from my office to the court, the jail, client meetings, you name it. The time at my desk is now much more precious.

And, I'm pregnant now! Which means my time not working is basically spent eating or sleeping. That's only a slight exaggeration. Anyway - enough with the excuses. Updates since my last post:

There's a baby in there! We had our first sonogram (or ultra-sound? I honestly am not sure what the difference is.). We saw a little blob with a tiny flickering heartbeat. And the size measured just right for my wild guess at when I had my last period. I can't say that I felt overwhelming amazement or wonder at seeing the baby. It may have had something to do with the fact that a complete stranger had just shoved an electronic dildo all the way up my hoo-ha in front of my husband. B seemed pretty shocked, though. Especially when the little blob flipped around on the screen and the doctor said "Oh look, it moved."
B leaned forward and snapped "What moved?"
"Uh . . . the baby."
"It can move!?"
"Well, yeah."

So yes there is a baby in there and it can move. That's pretty cool.

I also told people at work, which went pretty well. And I currently eat about 3 times what I used to, while sleeping at least 30% more. My clothes are getting tight in the waist and my stomach is a bit weak in the mornings. Pretty standard stuff for a pregnant lady, from what I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment